Open expeditions are a great way to meet new people and experience The Duke Of Edinburgh’s Award in a different dynamic.
Open expeditions usually consist of participants from different locations across the country who have been unable to make their school’s expeditions. You will join a team of individuals who you may not know. You will complete your planning, training and expedition with that group.
You may be joining an open expedition with one or two of your friends. We will do our best to ensure that you stay in a group with those people, but this is not always possible.
Our qualified instructors will work with you on all aspects of the DofE training syllabus. Your assessor will conduct a full debrief with you at the end of the expedition. You’ll also present your expedition aim at the end of the trip.
Our open expeditions can be used as a practice or qualifying expedition. We also offer full programmes of expeditions.
Dates and prices
- 22-23 October 2022 - Wiltshire
- 15-16th October 2022 - Grantham
- 05-06th August 2023 - The Chilterns
- 14-15th October 2023 - Wiltshire
- 28-30 October 2022 - The Cotswolds
- 04-06th August 2023 - The Chilterns
- 25-27th October 2023 - The Cotswolds
- 24-28 October 2022 - South Wales
- 03-07th April 2023 - The Peak District
- 31st July - 04th August 2023 - North Wales
- 23-27th October 2023 - South Wales